Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Everything Old is New Again

I've been sorting through my collection of woodcuts and found a few that I hadn't used in a while. I whipped up a few items for my shop. I hope you like them.



I originally made this linocut back in September for personal calling cards. I might like these little cards even better.



Part of a folded letterpress project, this linocut was originally paired with the "Drowning" poem from this entry over at Two Loose Teeth. I ended up with a lot of variation on my first run of these cards, but I think it works with the linocut. The imperfection is part of the charm, you know?

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

What kind of ink do you use for those prints?

Sarah said...

I use block printing ink that I buy from Utrecht. I'm not sure of the brand (maybe Speedball?), but it's a little pricey.