Monday, September 28, 2009

eBay Addiction

I've told myself I have to stop placing bids on eBay, because I have a little bit of an addiction of late. But one thing that I'm very excited to have arrive on my doorstop is this little guy:



Owning a letterpress has been on my mind for a while. I once started building a press, but had a few too many hiccups to end up with something that works. Last week I went to look at a press that I loved, but I don't have space currently for a machine that is 5 feet wide, 6 feet long, and weighs over a half ton. Unfortunately. So for now, this will be a great compromise. More functional than the homemade press but more apartment-sized for my current stage in life. Now I just have to be patient while it ships. I'm crossing my fingers that it arrives safely.

Oh, and you know what else is great? The included manual:

I love that illustration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah - The press will be cooler than you imagine (although you probably already have it by now) I bought one of these for my husband several years ago at an antique store in - ? Maine? We brought it back through the airport and gave the baggage checkers an unusual experience! Great blog - Thanks again for mentioning us! Katie Shell (The Corner Station)